Why work at Camp Blue
Are you thinking of becoming a camp counsellor? Do you want a job you look forward to every day?
Would you like to join a team of outgoing, friendly, passionate and fun individuals?
Our work environment is supportive, friendly and inclusive! Our staff work at Camp Blue because they truly love it here. The dynamic and fast-paced nature of the job keeps our employees interested and engaged.
One of the best parts is you get to be a kid yourself for the duration of the camp. You can play sports, cook, lead drama or art classes and even jump in the pool with the children.
From teachers to experienced holiday camp counselors, and anything in between, our team are all approachable and passionate about creating the best program for the children and staff members.
The Camp Blue Difference
Here at Camp Blue we embrace differences. We love that everyone is unique and brings something special to the world. It is these unique qualities that make our team of counsellors world class!
We pride ourselves on bringing out the best in not only the children who attend our camps, but our employees as well. We have worked hard to develop a work environment that is all inclusive, supportive and fun. We are a family.
To ensure that we maintain an exceptional workplace environment we use evaluations from our staff taken after each camp to guide policies, procedures and camp activities. Our staff feel valued and included in the way Camp Blue is run. Each member of our team is an important cog in the wheel, and we make sure they know it.
Join the Camp Blue Team
If you are a fun, energetic, skilled or experienced individual we are looking for you to join our Camp Blue Team.
The qualities we are looking for in our counselors:
- Effectively teach a range of activities.
- A passion for working in childcare/vacation care.
- Enthusiastic about aiding children to develop skills and knowledge outside of a classroom.
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, read through the Camp Blue application process and get in touch with us.
The Camp Blue Staff Application and Hiring Process
- Applicants must complete an online application through www.campblue.com.au and the camp minder portal. The application includes listing references and WWCC details.
- Once your application is submitted, references are automatically emailed with a reference check questionnaire.
- You Camp application is then reviewed by a Camp Blue Director, and the WWCC number is run through the system for clearance.
- WWCC is cleared, and applicant is suited to a vacant position, a interview is organised. These are preferably done face to face in the Brookvale office; or if this is not feasible, then a skype interview is arranged.
- For an International or Interstate applicant, an interview may be conducted prior to receiving their WWCC, as this number can only be obtained within NSW.
- Following reference and WWCC checks, and interview, applicant’s that fit required skill demands will be contacted with an offer of employment.
- Applicants then must sign a contract and provide any other certification that is required for their position.
- The now staff member must attend a compulsory policies and procedures training session per calendar year; and attend the mandatory staff training prior to the camp session they are working.
- We pride ourselves on our exceptional work environment, so we ensure Staff evaluations and feedback is built into our pre and post employment process. This includes ideas on the program, the work environment and workplace relations. Evaluations are provided for each staff member after each camp, and references available on request.