Why work at Camp Blue
A Camp Counsellor is an amazing type of human who performs a variety of roles within the Camp Blue program to ensure children are supported, happy, educated and safe. It is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling jobs you can ever experience.
The best part is that you get to be a role model and mentor to children for the duration of each camp. You can play sports with them, teach them how to create, lead drama or art classes, support their decision-making and help them feel understood.
The benefits for a Camp Counsellor extend beyond all the great connections, moments and memories though. Camp Blue is the ideal environment to develop and strengthen core professional skills such as teamwork, leadership, communication, collaboration, creativity, persuasion, adaptability, time management and emotional intelligence.
Since our inception in 2010, Camp Blue has developed an exceptionally supportive, friendly and inclusive community. We firmly believe in the mutual benefits that our Counsellors bring to the Camp Blue program, the impact they have on our campers and fellow staff, and the skills they take away from the experience.
The Camp Blue Difference
Here at Camp Blue we embrace differences. We love that everyone is unique and brings something special to the world. It is these unique qualities that make our team of counsellors world class!
We pride ourselves on bringing out the best in not only the children who attend our camps, but our employees as well. We have worked hard to develop a work environment that is all inclusive, supportive and fun. We are a family.
To ensure that we maintain an exceptional workplace environment we use evaluations from our staff taken after each camp to guide policies, procedures and camp activities. Our staff feel valued and included in the way Camp Blue is run. Each member of our team is an important cog in the wheel, and we make sure they know it.
Join The Camp Blue Team
Camp Blue is always on the lookout for staff to join our Camp Counsellor team at each school holiday program.
Suitable candidates should possess the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- An overall passion for working with children outside of a classroom
- An interest and ability to effectively teach a range of activities and skills to children (Sports, Arts, STEM, Adventure)
- Comfort working in a fast-paced team environment
- Integrity and adaptability
- A cleared Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- First Aid and CPR certifications, or willingness to obtain
Staff are contracted for the entirety of each holiday program, with wages in accordance to the Children’s Services Award 2010 (MA000120).
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, fill out our Staff Application form and we will be in touch!
Staff Application and Hiring Process
- Applicants must complete an online application via the Camp Blue website, including listing references and WWCC details.
- Once an application is submitted, references are automatically emailed with a reference check questionnaire.
- Staff applications are reviewed by a Camp Blue Director and the WWCC number is checked to confirm clearance.
- When the WWCC is cleared and a suitable position is available for the applicant, a video interview is arranged at a mutually available time. For an International or Interstate applicant, an interview may be conducted prior to receiving their WWCC, as this number can only be obtained within the state which the applied camp is operating.
- Following a video interview, all references are checked and suitable applicants that fit required skill demands will be contacted with an offer of employment.
- Following acceptance of employment position, applicants must then provide all First Aid, CPR and any other required certifications.
- Contracts, forms and pre-camp training modules must be completed in advance of the camp session.
- All staff members must attend a 2-3 hour in-person staff training prior to the camp session they are working.